• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automator: Automatically open indesign, relink PDF and save when file is added to folder

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Is it possible to create an Automator script that runs whenever a file is added to a specific folder and whenever that happens it would duplicate specific InDesign file, automatically relink PDF file in that document to the one that was placed into the folder and save it?

I currently manually relink PDFs with same layout, but slightly different content into a duplicate indesign files, but it is quite a long process when I have to do it manually, that's why I was wondering if it's possible to have it done in background whenever I place new PDF to that folder.

Thank you for any help or advice

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, it's possible. You can either write the InDesign automation in Applescript and run that through automator, or write it in jsx and pass the jsx as a string to the automator script that's you then call with "do javascript 'arg'". You'd set the autamator up as a folder action

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines