• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background Vectors Printing Over Foreground Images

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having serious issues, which I've only managed to solve by flattening my vector images. 

I know what the issue is, but I don't know how to fix it without actually flattening the image, which is a last resort. I've placed a vector image/Pattern in the background of my design - it's supposed to work as a background design element (literally just a watermark), but when I export it to a print ready PDF, the vectors show up in front of the Image, as an outline. I'm not sure if this is a PDF issue or an Indesign issue.

I've tried exporting various versions of PDF and it didn't help, as well as saving to different layers etc. Nothing worked.

TOPICS
Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your PDF print settings?

What is the color model of the InDesign document?

What is the color model and filetype of the vector art?

What is the color model and filetype of the pixel art?

I recommend for a given project that all the color models generally agree as all RGB or all CMYK.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,
Everything is CMYK - the problem I'm having is that most of the time this issue isn't reflecting on my PDF, but on other colleagues computers - I'm not sure if it's possibly Mac related as well (I'm the only one in the office using a Mac). But because I'm not seeing the issue, its going to the printers without knowing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

but on other colleagues computers

Is everyone viewing with Acrobat? Other PDF readers and browsers may not correctly preview print output.

I thought the overprint may have been an issue, but it's been off.

For documents that will be printed OP should always be turned on, and the export should be to one of the PDF/X standards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Quinton23434358kzqh , Are you viewing with Overprint Preview turned on in InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought the overprint may have been an issue, but it's been off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines