• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Balanced columns in paragraph style options

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have text frames with text linked to different paragraph styles (title, subtitle and so on). The one referring to the body text divide the text in two columns. When the following paragraph continues in the same text frame the columns are balanced (A), but if the following paragraph begins in the next text frame and hence there might be still some space for the text, the columns are not balanced (B). How can I solve this problem?

P.S.

The paragraph options refer to the paragraph style that rules the body text.

Cattura 1.JPG.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

As Frans was suggesting, Balanced Columns is a Text Frame option. I cannot tell from your screenshot, are you using Split Columns for your two columns of body text? If you are, Balanced Columns will not work.

Instead set up a two column text frames and use Span Columnbs for the heads.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a setting that applies to the text frame, so it needs to be set for every (seperate) text frame you want it to be applied to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frans,

thank you for your answer. I forgot to say that I tried to check the box "Balanced Columns" in all the text frames, but apparently it doesn't work.

Cattura 2.JPG.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Frans was suggesting, Balanced Columns is a Text Frame option. I cannot tell from your screenshot, are you using Split Columns for your two columns of body text? If you are, Balanced Columns will not work.

Instead set up a two column text frames and use Span Columnbs for the heads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your answer. I was actually setting the columns in the "Span Column" option. I followed your suggestion and it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines