• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Banner about Type 1 fonts no longer being supported blocks my view of InDesign.

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That blue banner in InDesign about Type 1 fonts no longer being supported after 2023 goes all the way across my laptop screen and blocks access to some of my tool bar and a whole swath of my text. I've clicked on the "Learn More" to see if that would make it go away, but it still persists. Is there a way to dismiss it? Surely it won't be there till 2023.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 1.02.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 1.04.11 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

If you zoom back futher, you can click the Remind Me Later at the right to make it go away:

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 1.45.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you zoom back futher, you can click the Remind Me Later at the right to make it go away:

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 1.45.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out how to zoom back further. I can "zoom out" all the way to thumbnails, nothing changes the size of the banner. I can make the window smaller, banner remains exactly where it was relative to my laptop screen (not the window). I even tried swiping the whole windoe to the left to see what would happen...the right edge of the banner is just cut off. Here is a screenshot of the break between desktop1 and desktop2.

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 2.14.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Windows? On my Mac laptop, viewing the spread shows the entire bar (as shown). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's so weird. I'm on a MacBook Pro mid 2014, Big Sur. No matter where or how far I extend my window, that bar won't leave the right edge of the desktop/screen. That green area is desktop. The InDesign window is pushed over to the left. It's like the blue bar is glued to the right edge of my desktop.

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 3.23.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try to restore your InDesign preferences and see if that fixes the problem:

Adobe InDesign: Rebuilding Preferences and Cache Files ...www.rockymountaintraining.com › Adobe InDe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you were right. I don't know why I didn't start my investigation with a restart. That's usually the fix.

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rebuilt the Preference files by the first method suggested for MacOS. This DID NOT WORK! The Type 1 fonts banner is still running across my layout! It seems all upgrades lately cause more problems. Why are the upgrades so unreliable now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this does not work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, so as not to confuse, I did not go so far as to rebuild my preferences. All I had to do was restart InDesign. Today the banner showed up and I was able to click on the "Remind Me Later" link. Maybe they could simply move the link to the left, next to the text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rebuilding preferences does no work on Windows. The bar is still there. Make the product unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mccbaum:

This DID NOT WORK! 

This is the Adobe community support forum – users helping other users in their spare time. We don't have any control over the software and we can't fix bugs—our role is to help explain the InDesign feature set to other users. This banner is new and if resetting preferences doesn't work for you, then you might want to let the Adobe InDesign team know, using this link: https://indesign.uservoice.com/.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So annoying!! I'm having the same problem on a Windows maching. Huge waste of time!

Adobe needs to stop outsourcing coding to other countries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has absolutely nothing to do with “outsourcing coding to other countries.” 

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, the banner only goes away if and when you remove Type 1 fonts from any text formatted within the InDesign document, including on master pages (even if the master pages aren't at all referenced). The banner and warnings do not appear for placed content (PDF and EPS) that have embedded Type 1 fonts; that scenario will continue to be fully supported indefinitely.

If you wish for the InDesign product to change the behaviour of that warning message, do @Barb Binder recommends and post at https://indesign.uservoice.com/. This is primarily an end user community and is not officially monitored by Adobe product development teams.

By the way, I will remind you that Adobe announced the end of Flash support several years ago, but for better or worse, did not put any warnings in InDesign about existing Flash usage. And as you might expect, when Flash was totally eliminated at the end of last year, there were many “but we didn't know” complaints from Adobe customers. What we did not want was a situation in 2023 where when Type 1 font support was discontinued, we would get complaints from customers that “we didn't know.”

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines