Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

barcode

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I'm woriking on a price list with many barcodes (ean 13).

I found a plug in for excel that convert number in ean 13 barcode but I can't merge the image in inDesign. 

Is there a plug in or any kind of solution that convert number in barcode without convert every single number by hand?

Thank you all

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well! … and Just For Comment:

I'm writting a process, by Script, for a client that, using a .csv file (simply exported from an Excel file), extracts each line of the data (1 label data per line), build (from nothing - through InDesign) what we could call a "label-zero" as a temp . jpg file, import it in another InDesign doc (from nothing) and build and print labels sheets!

To build the "label-zero", I use mainly InDesign data merging for most "label-zero" items BUT the barcodes (some labels have several barcodes) are created and placed in the "label-zero" InDesign doc using "BarcodeMaker" TeaCup plug-in piloted by the Script (through the .csv data)!

Sure something more simple could of course be imagined for your needings:

A Grep Find will search all the "ean 13" texts in the InDesign doc and each found will be replaced by the right "barcode" created by the script playing the plug-in! No manipulation, just 1 click!  😉

(^/)  The Jedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

I'll try with Barcode Maker..

I agree with your immagination, 1 click would be the best solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines