Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beginner: Text placeholder in Master Side

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community,

I insert two text blocks in the master slide, the side has two columns and each text block is in one column. when I insert a long Text in page 1 on the left side, the text continues on the page 2, 3 and so on only in the text block on the left side. Even if I select both text blocks. 

what do I do wrong and how can I fix it? 

I would like to have the same layout with different text blocks on all pages and just insert the text once. 

Thank you very much

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using your black Selection tool, and while you are on the master page, click on the left textframe. See the lower-right OutPort of the textframe. Click it. You will see the cursor seem to load with text. Then simply click in the middle of the right-hand textframe. Now the two are linked/threaded together.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't put placeholder text on the master. Define borders. Make no columns on the master. (But you can drag guides from the rulers.) Make colums as part of the text frames, use Object Styles to fix it.

Reoccurring items put into the CC Library. Place them by holding the ALT key to get its original psition.

Work with layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines