Copied

Hi I am sure you guys will know

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really, without sharing what you want to do with your iPad and your desktop.

If you already have Creative Cloud, you certainly want to install Acrobat and Adobe Scan. And Creative Cloud on the iPad to sync your Creative Cloud account, get access to Adobe Fonts and easily move things between your Mac and iPad through your Creative Cloud file storage.

Photoshop and Illustrator on the iPad are very good, but not as easy to use or as robust as the desktop versions. Adobe Capture is good for quick access to various Creative Cloud assets you've used, and if you're doing a lot of work with social media the Creative Cloud Express tools are handy, and if you like playing with video, Adobe Premiere Rush is handy for quick video edits on the iPad. But again, these tools aren't as robust as what you'll find on the desktop.

I find my handiest Adobe tools on the iPad are the ones that let me move assets back and forth between my iPad and the desktop. For detailed work, I always return to the desktop. My iPad is mostly used for showing comps to clients or making roughs on the spot. Plus my business tools, which aren't provided by Adobe.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Hey, you have help me tremendously I am so grateful for your advice. I am new to publishing using Adobe software and have the whole package but still learning

Regards

Mike Cooper

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm glad I could lend a hand.

Be advised, though, that the performance of these Adobe apps, and really, any iPad apps, will vary dramatically by the model and version of iPad you use. I've got the immediate previous version of the iPad, which has similar performance to the first iPad Pros, but doesn't hold a candle to the latest versions of the iPad Pro and Air with the M1 chip.

Let me offer a couple of additional areas where having an iPad can pay off for you:

Documentation — You can download the help files for all your Adobe software as searchable PDFs and have them handy for reference offline at your leisure. Same for all the Classrooms in a Book tutorials.

Business Software — I have a full install of Microsoft Office 365 on my iPad, as well as credit card processing software, which makes invoicing, billing and payment on the spot an absolute snap.

Can I ask a favor of you? Could you mark the answer(s) you find here that were helpful to you as correct? This alerts the moderators to archive them. That way, they can appear in the "Related conversations" section at the upper left corner of the thread for others who may have the same or similar questions.

Good luck with your digital publishing efforts. You'll find that your Adobe desktop tools will be very useful, and the iPad tools will be handy when you take your act on the road.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks once again your insights it is very much

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines