• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to make a gutter offset for placed PDFs?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm designing a print project that is going to be almost entirely placed PDFs that are the same size as the final product, but there needs to be an offset for the gutter (no bleeed to worry about). Ideally I would like to just click to select a full-page box and place the PDF correctly in one go, with the offset in place. The PDFs almost never need to be nudged around; most of them just get placed directly on the page, full-sized.

It's a pretty large publication, so I need a more efficient way of doing this... To this point, I've been placing the PDFs on the page, using a key command to align them to the outside edge, then nudged them X amount for the offset.

Surely there's a better way??

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dan,

try the script ID-MultiPageImporter.jsx originally written by Scott Zanelli, now curated by Mike Edel:

https://github.com/mike-edel/ID-MultiPageImporter/releases

MultiPageImporter-EDITED-MainDialog-1.PNG

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines