• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black background appears behind transparent images when printed

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been trying to learn more about blacks and how they're printed. Something I don't understand is this issue with an EPS logo I have placed on a document. It looks fine on in InDesign, on the exported PDF, but when printed has a more rich black behind it. 

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your preference for black appearance in Indesign is set to "Display all Blacks to Rich Black". Switch the preference to "Display all Blacks Accurately" will help you detect this situation of a mixture 4C Black, RGB and K only.

The graphic in your screen shot does not appear as though it is vector. If it is vector, the graphic would be better served if there was no background included, ony the white element.

My guess: the art is raster and RGB color space. The corrective measure would have been to open and convert to grayscale. Or invert the image, and save as a bitmap tiff, place in Indesign, and colorized to white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option would be to trace in Illustrator, remove the background, leaving only the white art (which will be impossible to see on screen in regular view, so switching to outline view will help) and saving as .ai or PDF, both of which support transparency, which .eps does not. This would allow you to place the whiter log on any clored background and see only the white portion, which I think is the effect you are aiming for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried viewing speration under output to see what it looks like with the black  shut off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines