• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bleed questions on document. Not sure i'm getting this. help and thanks!

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello. i have set my document to have bleeds at .125 (as requested by printer). I have pulled all graphics over the bleed area. See screenshot  #1.  However, when i export this with the pdf setup as requested by the printer, the bleeds are not going past my page size -- i'm not seeing the bleeds.  Screenshot 2.  

i know something is off - any ideas? think it is within my pdf presets?  should i have the bleed marks box checked even though the printer's  suggested presets don't show that?

thanks for helping me clear my thoughts about bleeds and such! I'm not 100% sure about bleed marks, registration marks, crop marks etc.

Sawyer5FC1_0-1661909808749.png

Sawyer5FC1_1-1661909904616.png

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

In your pdf print export, did you switch on Use Document Bleed Settings?

As a workflow habit, I make bleed regions snap to the bleed lines. This helps convey meaning to the prepress people.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your pdf print export, did you switch on Use Document Bleed Settings?

As a workflow habit, I make bleed regions snap to the bleed lines. This helps convey meaning to the prepress people.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i feel idiotic; i just found that; and right below that had all my bleed settings set to 0. Duh! all fixed and good now.

mike, when you take your time to help people like this, it is SO SO SO appreciated.  sometimes easy answers can take hours to figure out.  thank you so very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ha! I miss things hiding in plain sight all the time! Glad to help!

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines