• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Book files crash ID2021 & 2022

Contributor ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a book with 5  files/chapters. There is a small ToC at teh start of each and a big  ToC a t teh front in a file called simply front. I have successfully exported each of the files to pdf with teh links[to teh pages] intact within each chapter/file. However, when I try to do it as a book - it crashes.

I have saved teh files as IDML and tehn reimported into ID2021 - same result - crash. Imported teh files into ID2022 and still crash. Windows 10, Acrobat PRO DC, ID 2021 & 2022 - Easy catalog plug-in  but have  been using this successfully for more than 5 years.

viewing the crash report points to Exception Access Violation [?]

teh  crash report is attached also

I'd really appreciate any help with this- the packaged files are attached with teh exception o f the images and teh  fonts - which  are way more than teh 10  maximum  alloted files for attachments

And  teh INDB file is not  permitted either - so how to  demonsatrate teh problem -  teh individual files are in sequence

front,

h-1-30,

casegoods1-rev,

cs-storage, and

cs-accessories

woudl be good to know if someone else can  build teh book and  export to pdf

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Something was corrupt with your book file. I recreated the book file and it output perfectly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put the files in your Creative Cloud folder and share the link. That way you can share all the appropriate files.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like agood idea except that the file types are not supported - I have attached them above - would you mind simply creating a book of these ands seeing if it crashes for you - I can export them individually but not form book

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No--put the files in YOUR Creative Cloud folder on your computer. They will upload to the Adobe cloud servers. Then you can share the link. Technically, it's the same process for DropBox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something was corrupt with your book file. I recreated the book file and it output perfectly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes - that is what I finally did - but you would have thought that rebuildingit form idml files would have solved the problem which it did not. so the individual  files were ok but the  book  file was somehow corrupt - thank you for pointing the way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines