Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Book panel question

Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
How to link a formatted book of 160 pages in PDF - in indesign, so that the book gets the whole in indesign document, with consecutive pages from 1 to 160

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

Guide , Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

do you want to place your pdf file of 160 pages in indesign document?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide , Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

install the script > open file indesign > double clic on the script in script pannel > choose your pdf file > choose your import settings in MultiPageImporter > ok

Schermata 2021-03-09 alle 09.16.01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

in indesign you alreadu have two sripts "PlaceMultipagePdf" but you can't setting your place options as in "MultipageImporter". "MultiPageImporter is much better

Schermata 2021-03-09 alle 09.47.54.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Try with "MultiPageImporter" which is the best

open your scripts panel

go to windows > utilities > script

right click on "User" folder > clic on "Reveal in Finder" > just drag your script in the folder "Script panel" > the script is ready in indesign

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Elena said: "But unfortunately I can't install anything as I don't have administrator rights."

Hi Elena,

for installing a script in the User folder of the Scripts Panel of InDesign usually you need no administrator rights.

The said folder is a sub-folder of your personal User folder where InDesign is writing preferences, reading preferences and permanently changing things.

To access that folder open the Scripts panel in InDesign, select the User folder in that panel and invoke the context me

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you might have more luck in the InDesign forum than the Flash Player forum, Elena...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved thread to indesign forum. Renamed topic title

jonathan

[moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand the question. Can you elaborate?

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you want to place your pdf file of 160 pages in indesign document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do.

Thankс for understanding.
English is not my native language and I find it a little difficult to express myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the script MultiPageImporter will help you

You can download it here

https://github.com/mike-edel/ID-MultiPageImporter/releases

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! It worked! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

install the script > open file indesign > double clic on the script in script pannel > choose your pdf file > choose your import settings in MultiPageImporter > ok

Schermata 2021-03-09 alle 09.16.01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

But unfortunately I can't install anything as I don't have administrator rights.

My idea is that I have a ready-made book of 160 pages in PDF, which I want to put in design. 160 pages to be pasted into a layout in InDesign. Can it be obtained without a script?

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in indesign you alreadu have two sripts "PlaceMultipagePdf" but you can't setting your place options as in "MultipageImporter". "MultiPageImporter is much better

Schermata 2021-03-09 alle 09.47.54.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try with "MultiPageImporter" which is the best

open your scripts panel

go to windows > utilities > script

right click on "User" folder > clic on "Reveal in Finder" > just drag your script in the folder "Script panel" > the script is ready in indesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elena said: "But unfortunately I can't install anything as I don't have administrator rights."

Hi Elena,

for installing a script in the User folder of the Scripts Panel of InDesign usually you need no administrator rights.

The said folder is a sub-folder of your personal User folder where InDesign is writing preferences, reading preferences and permanently changing things.

To access that folder open the Scripts panel in InDesign, select the User folder in that panel and invoke the context menu that should contain the command to open the folder in your file system.

Maybe a video by Dan Rodney will make it more clear for you:

How to Install InDesign & InCopy Scripts
Just Put Them into the Proper Folder

Dan Rodney

https://www.danrodney.com/scripts/directions-installingscripts.html

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

It worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for the help!
A little background: Initially, my task was to compress a PDF, which is a ready-made art book of 160 pages, with a lot of pictorial material and documents, processed and ready for printing by another agency. But the author (my friend) asked that this PDF be sent by e-mail, so I decided to put it in design and export it as an Interactive.

It turned out very well, thanks to the script - literally in a few minutes the book was formatted in Indesign.
Thanks again for the help!

Elena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines