Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Booklet looks wrong in acrobat

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

When I'm making a booklet from inDesign (exporting it as a postscriptfile like the tutorial recommend), it looks fine in the preview in InDesign, but look like this in Acrobat (it think it has turned the papers orientation so it is wrong and cuts of half of the spread).

What do I do wrong? After I chose the postscript format in indesign, I cant touch the paper settings (size, orientation and so on).

Please help

Skærmbillede 2018-10-04 kl. 15.47.37.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

After I chose the postscript format in indesign, I cant touch the paper settings (size, orientation and so on).

You need the Adobe PDF 9.0 PPD to set the spread's paper size. See this thread:

Re: Print booklet to post script does not work

Screen Shot 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you're reading David Blatner's tutorial about making a pdf using the Print Booklet feature https://indesignsecrets.com/creating-pdf-indesigns-print-booklet-feature.php . If you read that tutorial carefully you'll see that you most probably don't actually need to do it this way. The best way to make a pdf from inDesign is to use the Export option found under the File menu and save as an Adobe PDF (Print). Check with your printer and find out if a reader spread pdf with crops will suffice. Doing a pdf from a postscript file can occasionally still be useful but it is not considered the best way to make a quality pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your helt

But I'm making a Booklet from the File> print booklet menu,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I chose the postscript format in indesign, I cant touch the paper settings (size, orientation and so on).

You need the Adobe PDF 9.0 PPD to set the spread's paper size. See this thread:

Re: Print booklet to post script does not work

Screen Shot 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of these threads are linking to the same DEAD link that purports to hold all the answers.  How do I fix this issue?  Can someone please spell it out again?  Something about PDD files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @JonasD2 ,

cannot find the linked thread as well. Some old links to other discussions here in the forum will not work, because all the discussions were transferred from the old forum to this new forum around October 2019.

Hm. Also this link @Bill Silbert posted, does not work anymore. Sigh.

I'd suggest a different thing: Use a script written by @rob day  to do the imposition.

The script creates an imposed InDesign document and exports an imposed PDF as well.

Booklet printing in Indesign
rob day, Oct 07, 2021
https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/booklet-printing-in-indesign/m-p/12438055#M44796...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines