• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bottom edge of window/pasteboard dips below my Dock on Mac. Why?

Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been running Mac Monterrey for years, never updated, as this is a daily money maker machine and did not want to deal with udpating anything. So this issue is not new. It's been happening for 5 years and several InDesign versions.

Anyway, I finally did a fresh OSX and CC install all the way to Monterrey, and 2022 InDesign. I always figured this bottom edge below the dock thing was just a problem with using old OS and older ID or something.

But nope, there it is again. InDesign is not respecting the dock and ignores it. Is it a huge deal? Well, kind of, I have to constantly hit the green dot thing in the window to get it to fill the screen properly.

I do not like Application Frame, so don't bother suggesting I switch to that, it doesn't work for me.

Is there some mystery setting somewhere that will fix this?  I don't have this issue with Illustrator, just InDesign.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're creating conflicting requests when not using the Application Frame.

The Application Frame honors the dock, while unchecked it fills the entire screen including overlapping the dock.

I've resorted to using the Genie effect with my dock, allowing it to collapse when not needed and popping up when I hover on the bottom of my screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd say you're right, except that I've been using InDesign on OSX since the day it came out, and this is a recent thing. The last OS update and the last 2 Indesign updates it's remained, where it was never, ever doing that in the past. Application Frame is not new, so I guess this is a bug of some kind. And, every other program, browser, Word, Illustrator, any program that can use the whole screen does not do this.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines