Break links to style

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to break links to style on multiple pages at a time? I have to move pages from other documents into a document and I don't want to bring the styles in with it. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the text is threaded, of course, you can Select All and choose Break Links from the Para Styles menu. If the frames are not threaded, I think you'll have to select each frame. You can select multiple text frames and Break Links on all of them at once, provided they are not threaded to another page/spread. 

The only other thing I can think of is to search out whether there's a script to automate further.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Veronica22551996i6fw , I don’t think there is a break link to style command in the scripting API, but you can select all the paragraphs and invoke the menu item via scripting, so you can try this:

var doc = app.activeDocument
var bls =  app.menuActions.itemByID(8500)

for(var i=0; i < doc.stories.length; i++){  
    var s = doc.stories.item(i);  
    for(var j=0; j < s.paragraphs.length; j++){  
        var p=s.paragraphs[j]; 
        p.select()
        if(bls.enabled){  
            bls.invoke();  
        }; 
    }  
} 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines