• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge/InDesign: "Cannot create the link resource from the given URI."

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a brand new Mac running OS 12.0.1 (Monterey). Restored from a Time Machine backup and didn't have this issue before. I use Bridge to select and insert images into InDesign picture boxes by selecting the image, right-clicking and selecting "Place" then "In InDesign" and the image has always been properly placed. However, since upgrading to the new OS, when I select and try to place, I get this error:
"Cannot create the link resource from the given URI." The Mac switches to InDesign, but no image is placed. Workarounds are very cumbersome as I'm often working with lots of source images. Running InDesign 17.0.1 in Creative Cloud.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you drag and drop from Bridge to InDesign? Maybe the Time Machine restore changed the Bridge Cache location or settings—have you checked the Bridge Cache Management Preferences? Try purging the caches and see if that resets the link paths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob. Thanks for the help. Yes, I can drag from Bridge into a picture box in InDesign. I tried your suggestion, but unfortunately that didn't solve the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I don't know if this is an Adobe Bridge or Adobe InDesign bug, I'm posting it again here. I'm finding it almost impossible to work with errors. 

On a brand new Mac running OS 12.0.1 (Monterey). Restored from a Time Machine backup and didn't have this issue before. I use Bridge to select and insert images into InDesign picture boxes by selecting the image, right-clicking and selecting "Place" then "In InDesign" and the image has always been properly placed. However, since upgrading to the new OS, when I select and try to place, I get this error:
"Cannot create the link resource from the given URI." The Mac switches to InDesign, but no image is placed. Workarounds are very cumbersome as I'm often working with lots of source images. Running InDesign 17.0.1 in Creative Cloud. (Note: I am able to place an image from Bridge into PhotoShop, but not into Illustrator).
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a bug best reported here:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In trying to troubleshoot this issue, I've tried purging Bridge caches in Preferences > Cache and Preferences > Cache Management but this hasn't helped. The cache location seems properly located at:

Users/Xxx/Library/Caches/Adobe/Bridge/Cache/v36/

However if I go to Preferences > Media Cache the cache location show as:

Users/Xxx/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Video

which just seems wrong. I'm able to click "Show in Finder" and navigate, but there doesn't seem to be any way of changing this location.

I have no way of knowing if this is the cause of my problem, but wonder if there's any way of re-pointing the location to Bridge cache location.

As always, any help greatly appreciated.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines