Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug?? Bullet Points in Paragraph styles turn off and bullets become normal text

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm not really sure how to describe what happened, as this is a very strange error to me.

Basically, I typing a paragraph using a paragraph style with bullet points. When I hit return (to go to the next line) I noticed that my bullet point was not appearing. 

It appears that somehow the style changed. The paragraph style (Bulles and Numbering) and the "List Type" option was changed to "None".

What is stranger is that the bullets weren't gone from my document, they were all still there, but they had all become disassociated with the style. So visually, it appeared that nothing had changed, but in reality none of the actual bullet points were styled with the paragraph style anymore.

As I mentioned a very weird error. Has anyone incountered this before

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible you accidently converted the bullets to text?

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 4.40.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems possible, but it happened in every text frame throughout the whole document, which is about 180 pages. This seems like it would only apply to individual text frames?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could apply to all the text if the text frames are threaded and all the copy was selected. That would be a pretty massive undertaking to not notice doing. You can make sure a key command wasn't accidently created under Keyboard Shortcuts / Type Menu / Bullets: Convert...

Admittedly, it sounds like a very odd error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davecourtemanche The text boxes were not threaded together. I'll have to check the hot keys to see if I maybe if I pressed something accidently, as that is the only thing I can think of that would have done it.

Eventually I just went though the whole document and reformatted everything. So I'm all set now. I'll report back if I ever figure out what it was. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the paragraph style, what is Next Style set to be? Same style?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The next paragraph style wasn't set to anything. But this error didn't occur while creating new text. As @davecourtemanche mentions, it appears that it was a "convert bullets to text", but on every text frame throughout the whole document. A random set of hot key presses seems to be the only thing that makes sense (Select all text, convert all bullet points). I hope I would have noticed this type of error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines