Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug in the table of content InDesign

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I created a table of contents with multilevel headings for my document and it is almost perfect. However, heading 11.1 and 11.2 appear under heading 10 instead of heading 11. Any idea what I might have missed? Greatful for your support.Help.PNG

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could relate to how the document was constructed. Is the text one continuous flow or broken up into separate text frames?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's different text frames, but I think they are created in the correct order. If not, how can I change the order?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Normally text you be in a direct flow with threaded text frames, but better in a single frame. You can link texts later together, if not done before: add at the final text a return (it might cause overflow warning, but here you should ignore it). Where the overflow +-symbol is, click once and then click in the next frame.

But for the future, work with the keep options in paragraph styles and space before and after. Avoid making to many frames, as it often causes a mess and if you have to make changes in the document you have a bunch of additional work.  This shall be avoided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @juliab21692854:

Using threaded frames eliminates this from happening. 

If you need to use unthreaded frames, usually moving the title frames (1., 2., 11., etc.) further to the left—and adding an indent so that the text lines back up with the text underneath—takes care of it.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines