Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug navigation macOs/InDesign

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,
Je rencontre de façon aléatoire un problème pendant l'utilisation de InDesign 17.01.
Lors de l'importation successive d'images, la boite de dialogue se positionne bien dans le dossier de l'importation précédente, mais parfois le dernier fichier importé n'est pas en surbrillance et, ni le bouton "Ouvrir", ni les flèches de navigation ne sont opérants. Je dois alors reprendre la souris pour faire sélectionner un nouveau choix et le valider avec le bouton "Ouvrir".
macOS Big Sur 11.6.1 - iMac (Retina 5K, 27 pouces, fin 2014)

The same message in English…
Hello,
I randomly encounter a problem while using InDesign 17.01.
During the successive importation of images, the dialog box is positioned in the folder of the previous importation, but sometimes the last imported file is not highlighted and neither the "Open" button, nor the arrows navigation are not operative. I must then take the mouse again to select a new choice and validate it with the "Open" button.
macOS Big Sur 11.6.1 - iMac (Retina 5K, 27 inches, late 2014)

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernard,

Sorry for the delayed response. I checked with InDesign 2020, 2021 & 2022 running on macOS Monterey v12.2, and the place/ import dialog box & "Open" button is in the same place as the last time, but the last imported file was never highlighted in any of my testings. It seems like a macOS issue rather than InDesign. Do you recall the last macOS & InDesign version in which this was working as you described?

However, I will be happy to check this with the product team, but I would request you to provide me with a small video demonstrating the issue. That would be really helpful for us.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul, thank you for your reply.

Do you recall the last macOS & InDesign version in which this was working as you described ?
The issue persists in InDesign 17.1 on macOS 11.6.2

However, I will be happy to check this with the product team, but I would request you to provide me with a small video demonstrating the issue. That would be really helpful for us.
I attach a video of a session where, at the 20th second, we see that the previous file is grayed out and that I have to take the mouse again to point to a new one instead of using my keyboard, as usual.

Do you have a way to solve this problem, if it is the OS that causes this bug ?

Best regards

Bernard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the details, @bernardd62912634. I was unable to replicate the issue in Indesign 17.1 running on macOS Monterey, as shown in your screen recording. Firstly, you may try installing InDesign v16.4 and check if this is happening there as well. If not, then please upgrade to macOS Monterey.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines