• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug when updating InDesign from Excel table

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suddenly have a strange problem when I update a document with many tables in from an Excel file (.xls). I update my Excel file as I have been doing for the past 2 years, but when updating InDesign, the last cell suddenly gets a different font in every table. 

I can solve it manually by clicking "delete all overrides", but I don't want to do this every time for 100+ tables (when I change this, InDesign doesn't memorise the change and the same problem happens the next time I update the contents)... 

The strangest thing is that I have 8 similar InDesign documents (same styles, source from same Excel file), but this only happens in one of them.

If anyone would be able to help me, I would be very grateful!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When nothing is selected that Cell and Character Style is set to [None].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your prompt reply!
I actually have a style implemented on all the body cells of my tables. However, when I update the Excel, the style is overwritten somehow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is happening if bevore the text tool was selected a Cell or Character Stayle is active or if in the selection it is the style applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines