• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bugs all day long

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My InDesign bugs all day long. I just don't have the patience anymore, it makes my work take so long! Everytime is a different bug! Sometimes it closes out of nowhere, sometimes it bugs fonts, sometimes it just takes 100% of my CPU to change a Regular font to an Italic one. 

I'm so tired! 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here... I thought it was because I am using Macbook M1 chip. I installed InDesign bet version as I read in other discussion topic but when I open the beta version it says it is expired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These kinds of problems are often caused by inadequate hardware or conflicts with other software running on the machine.

You haven't given us much to go on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of hardware or software conflicts with? Because I can run InDesign softly sometimes, and other times, same config, it closes. Breaks with Adobe Fonts that are working and then they are not, breaks in the middle of work, bugs and gets reeeeally slow with one single change on the text. It happens with all my fellow designers, and one of them (a really great and famous one in Brazil) says he had to use 2019 version forever, and he denies every update. 

I don't even know how to explain what causes it, because it happens in so many different ways, in so many different moments, different files (big or small files), different fonts. 

It also bugs in my BFs desktop, different config. 

The only one software we all have in common is Windows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which version of Windows? How much RAM? How much free space on hard drive? Which version of InDesign?

Anti-virus and malware programs running in the background can cause problems, as can seemingly harmless things like browser helpers and banking applications that might be open.

Do you have a font manager or anuy third-party plugins for InDesign?

If you create a new user account on your computer and log in with that, does InDesign run better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines