• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bullets and Numbering in Arabic doc

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating an Arabic document in InDesign. (I do not have the Middle Eastern edition of the software.) I am wanting to add bullets and numbering on the right side of the text. I switched the Bullets and Numbering to "right" in the Paragraph tool, yet the bullets or numbers still show up on the left. Does anyone know how to get around this? Thank you!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need the Middle Eastern version to control directions and have the numbering arranged properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Zaid,

Thank you so much for your reply!

I did finally access the Middle Eastern version through the Creative Cloud, and I am working from that version.

However, I still cannot add periods to the end of sentences (they jump to the right of the text) and Numbering is still being placed on the left of the text. Do you have any helpful hints as to what I may be missing??

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Paragraph Panel, choose "Right-to-Left Paragraph Direction" button in order to have whole paragraph on your page behave correctly for Arabic text. This way the bullets/numbering will show on the right, while endpoints shows at the end of the sentence on the left.

RTL-direction.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines