• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Button action with animation and go to page.

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working at InDesign 15.0.1 on MacOS.

I have one personal project for creating one dynamic presentation, the need is to have objects animations at "Page Unload" (just before exit the page) the navigation was planned to be done with buttons at each page. Navigation was done with the Go To Page action added into a button and works fine, but If I tried to add one or more actions for animations at the same button to animate some objects before navigate to the specific page, seems that the "Go To Page" action has priority over animations because the navigations runs without letting the animations to run, even if the animations were added first.

So I would like to know if there's a best practice to generate a button that triggers first an animation and then a Go To Page action with the same Release action in the same button or would you approach this functionality from a different way?

I tried to search for a "delay" option over the "Go to page" action but that functionality was done just for animations, also tried to use different actions for the navigation like "Go to destination" with bookmarks but the issue stills happening.

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presumably you're producing an Interactive PDF -- multi-state buttons won't work, use simple hyperlinks to go to specific pages. You can use a word or words, or an image (such as a button shape) for the link,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek_Cross, thanks for you answer.

But no, I'm testing it by doing the publish online of the EPUB. I tried the hiperlink functionality by adding the hiperlink trigger to the button object (frame) that runs the animations, but the hiperlink doesn't seems to be triggered, just the animation actions are running.

Let me try to explain again the need and the approach done:

I need a button that when it's clicked (On Release or Tap event), first runs a couple of actions of "Animation" on the actual page and then after the animations ended runs the action of "Go To Page".

If I add the actions to a button like this:

Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 04.25.11.png

The "Go To Page" action seems to have priority because when the button it's clicked the page changes inmediatly without running the animations.

But if I let the button actions without the "Go To Page" just with the animations like this:

Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 04.24.43.png

The animations runs perfectly.

So I just need that after that bunch of animations end the document navigates to an specific page.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shot in the dark, because I don't know if this is even possible, try using Go To Destination, instead of page.

BTW, while they have much in common, Publish Online is NOT an EPUB. Do not confuse the two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! I am trying the same, but I believe that the Go To Page or Go To Destination have priority over other actions.
I need that some buttons, when clicked, chenge their positions and only then go to the destination, but it's isn't working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Did you find a solution? I am trying to do the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines