• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Button is not hiding another buttons lately in Interactive PDF

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've some exisiting buttons in my InDesign file. It was working fine, it was hiding/showing another buttons properly. But lately its not doing that properly. If I add any new action(hide/show another buttons) to the existing button & convert into Interactive PDF, its not working. But its working in EPUB preview. 

I never faced this problem before. I'm not sure any new update that happened lately that's causing this.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Added note: The interactive PDF works correctly in browser, but NOT working with adobe reader/acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show / hide buttons has always been a bit wonky and the more you add the worse it gets. I have never recommended it and I still don't.

And please, for you own sanity, stop using the EPUB preview panel if you're targeting PDF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that Flash is obsolete some features in Interactive PDFs have changed – you can have a word or words or an image (such as a button shape) as a document hyperlink to say another page in the document, or to an external website. Some devices, for example, iPads, don't have rollover capability – only click – you should avoid multi-action buttons like On Click, On Roll Over, etc.  Multi-state objects (MSO) don’t work at all in Interactive PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just my 2 cents, if you are targeting Acrobat/Reader, I would create the PDF (without any buttons) in InDesign and then add the buttons and functionality in Acrobat itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

How do you add buttons & its actions in acrobat? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When interactive elements stop performing as expected, try export/save idml. Open new file and export PDF to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi together,

the core of this, I think:

VenkatrajGm said:

"Added note: The interactive PDF works correctly in browser, but NOT working with adobe reader/acrobat."

That could point to a bug in Acrobat Pro and Adobe Reader on Windows and Mac OS.

VenkatrajGm,

what's the browser? Firefox on Windows 10? Please provide a sample PDF.

Also ask this at one of the Acrobat forums.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines