• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Buttonlibrary not found

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just had my mac drive on an iMac replaced by a SSD drive. Everything, including InDesign (CC 2019) appears to work properly. The only problem is that, on opening InDesign, I am told that ButtonLibrary.indl cannot be found. Should I 1) recover the document later, 2) delete the recovery data or 3) Cancel? I have not used buttons in any of my current documents. The file ButtonLibrary appears in the ButtonLibrary folder in the Presets folder of the Adobe InDesign CC 2019 folder in "Applications".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would uninstall InDesign and reinstall it from the CC desktop application. It's easy and quick to do. Ask for help about how to do that if you need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve. Yes, I do need to ask for help – I can't see within the Adobe InDesign CC 2019 folder what I should choose. And I'm tempted to wait until after I've finished the three rather important files I'm currently working on – very nervous about upsetting anything! Should be finished mid-November. But I'd still value your advice. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is some information expanding on the suggestion from Steve_Werner

Open up the CC App and scroll down until you find InDesign. Next to the Open button is a downward facing arrow. Click on that and from within the menu that appears choose Manage. From here you can uninstall InDesign and install other versions. Note that you can have multiple versions of InDesign installed simultaneously. You don't need to do this but it could prove useful if you are ever troubleshooting issues with a program.

capture.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines