• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Buttons and Forms - Output Options? Getting rid of blue text?

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to create an automated InDesign template, over an Illustrator background - ideally this will be used by our admin assistant while I'm gone or a fast way to do it while I'm rushed - to create posters in Acrobat that still preserves our branding and look.

I essentially want to create what would be:

1. some text fields for free input - like the theme of the event
  2. location fields for combo or list boxes - like the location
  3. date fields
  4. time of day fields

5. selectable variables (will snacks be served? will there be a translator?) that will only appear when selected

When I output to Acrobat, what I get are combo boxes that end up printing with a blue background.

1. Is there some way to turn the background off, or turn it to white/no colour? I can always create white "fields" behind the text locations, but the blue will not work.
  2. Is there some way to make sure that certain effects or combinations stay 'located' within a certain area of the document? (text aligned to the right/automatically centred paragraph/text automatically sized to fit an output box?)
TOPICS
Experiment

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see this process ever quite getting to an acceptable point, given the limitations of PDF forms.

How about creating a template in Word that they can edit only in selected fields? Or do a preprint in InDesign, with a simple Word doc set up to print black text in all the right places on a second pass?

Or even do it all in InDesign, which would allow you to lock elements and layers and make it "fill in the blanks" before hitting print? Not quite Posters-4-Dummies but with a little bit of care and a smidge of training it would give you a wider range of options.

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.1 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InCopy would be a far better choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can turn off the blue highlighting with an Acrobat document script:

app.runtimeHighlight = false;

To add that script in InDesign, as well as set alignment and much more, check out: https://www.id-extras.com/products/formmaker/

I know that FormMaker is actively being used successfully by a chain of hotels in New Zealand for updating the menus in their restaurants (amongst many other users and uses): https://www.id-extras.com/clients-2/#:~:text=%E2%80%9C-,As%20a%20support%20office,-managing%20over%2...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines