• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Buttons in InDesign visibility

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a limit for number of buttons visibility in InDesign? 

I am creating a Interactive document required 120 buttons, I can able to create button but in visibility section it is not showing. 

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

You will only see and be able to control the visibility of buttons on that page. If button A is on page 1, and button B is on page 2, then button A can not control visibility of Button B. Is this the case?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Thank you all fro your valuable suggestions and solutions. I just realised that new button corssed the artboard area so it is not showing in visibitly area. If we create button outside of the artboard due to space issue it wont show in visibilty, we need to bring it in artboard area. Glad that got new ideas and thoughts finally it got solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have a word or words or an image (such as a button shape) as a document hyperlink to say another page in the document, or to an external website. Some devices, for example, iPads, don't have rollover capability – only click – you should avoid multi-action buttons like On Click, On Roll Over, etc. Multi-state object (MSO) don’t work at all in an Interactive PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for the suggestion. I am creating interactive buttons in same page. When clicking that button pop-up bixes.

Main menu of 8 buttons. Sub menus under 32 buttons then 32 list boxes also 32 close button. Overall 102 buttons. I have done with 80 buttons later visibility not showing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The chances of getting anything that complex to work is almost zero and that's if you use Acrobat or Reader to view it.

I'd rethink the entire thing if I were you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will only see and be able to control the visibility of buttons on that page. If button A is on page 1, and button B is on page 2, then button A can not control visibility of Button B. Is this the case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion. I am creating interactive buttons in same page. When clicking that button pop-up boxes appear in same page

Main menu of 8 buttons. Sub menus under 32 buttons then 32 list boxes also 32 close button. Overall 102 buttons.

When I created buttons after 80 buttons visibility not showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for suggestions. I am creating all buttons in same page after 85th button creation visibility is not showing in hide and show option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try exporting IDML and reopen new document. This might clean up minor corruption from the many interactive elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a test with 1000 buttons, and I am able to see all 1000 in the visibility list. So I don't think limits are the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theoretically no, but once you start hiding and showing that many it can get really wonky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all fro your valuable suggestions and solutions. I just realised that new button corssed the artboard area so it is not showing in visibitly area. If we create button outside of the artboard due to space issue it wont show in visibilty, we need to bring it in artboard area. Glad that got new ideas and thoughts finally it got solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a large slug or bleed for the document. That will give you more room to operate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rajesh! Wondering if you ever figured this issue out? I am currently experiencing the same issue you did and it's driving me crazy. Everything works perfectly when clicking the Preview Spread EPUB on Buttons and Forms, but when I export to Interactive PDF some of the buttons appear like they should, but some do not. 

Any help or guidance would be appreciated!

Julie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See my original response. Nothing's changed.

This is a fool's errand. Finally, stop using the EPUB preview panel for PDF functions. They are nowhere near alike.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines