• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Content Collector auto update without clicking?

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hoping to use Content Collector to have two instances of a "name" and "title" in a template made for a customer's employees. Using XML this text will be imported into the first box and through a content collector link it will appear in the second box. But I want the second box to just update automatically instead of requiring the user to click on the warning sign. Is there any way to achieve this?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

No. Updating is a user action.

The only updating mechanism I know of with text without any user intervention are table header or footers that are repeated in different columns or text frames.

Next would be perhaps text variables, but often you have to "redraw" all the contents of a spread so that they would show an updated value that they are picking up elsewhere on the spread. Usually that requires changing the spread and coming back.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Updating is a user action.

The only updating mechanism I know of with text without any user intervention are table header or footers that are repeated in different columns or text frames.

Next would be perhaps text variables, but often you have to "redraw" all the contents of a spread so that they would show an updated value that they are picking up elsewhere on the spread. Usually that requires changing the spread and coming back.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alright, I forgot the contents on a master page.

That is instantly as well. Change the contents, visit a page where the master is applied to.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines