• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I do box sets wtihout crashing ID?

Contributor ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can ID handle doing boxsets? I have sets of 3 and one of 6, and i worry that putting the 6 novels into one document (even though i'm using split document) will be too much for it?

TOPICS
EPUB , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a little confused... a box set is typically individual books in a slipcase. 

But as you've tagged this post for EPUB, I assume you mean combining several books in one e-book.

There are no hard limits to EPUB size, although some indexes and such might have finite limits on number of entries. That, like many EPUB issues, would probably be reader-specific.

Other than sheer file size there's probably no reason you can't create such omnibus editions. I'd just question the need, reader desire and overall manageability of such combos. 

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Good to know. I'm updating fonts in all my books and covers, (including the box sets I already have) and since I'd be setting up interior files for the box sets in ID this time, I was curious.
And as for the need, I sell quite a few of these box sets, so it's necessary, yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay... I'm sure you know your market. I'm just not clear why you're asking now, if it's an established practice. Did something change, to prompt the question?

ETA: oh, I think I see. You've been doing 3's, and are concerned about 6-up size. It will depend a little on the total size but text alone isn't very bulky. I'd be cautious about embedding fonts unless the set is shared across books. 

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines