Can I download an older version of Indesign if I have the latest version

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a full Creative Coud membership and use my current version of InDesign all the time.  My company has old pagemaker files that I tried to open with InDesign but my version is much to new.  Any ideas on how to download an older versionof InDesign using my membership to open and resave these files.  Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

no chance. For current subscribers only the last two versions are available.

You have to find someone who still has InDesign CS6 installed. The perpetual version.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many files do you need to convert?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you previously had a licensed CS6 install (or even CS5.5) and you had registered it, you will find links to installers through your adobe account page under Plans/Products. This is assuming you still have a system capable of running it. Failing that, you could try download an old trial version (e.g. links to installers for trial CS6 and even older are still active even today,... you can find the links and on prodesigntools' website). This would give you 30 days to convert files that you can open in the current versions. Once the trial expires, you won't be able to use/reinstall it again on the same computer.

There are also a few of us here that can do the conversion for you, myself included.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines