• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I get baseline grid to be behind all but lowest layer?

Engaged ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a baseline grid for magazine layout. I have a specific layer I use for solid backgrounds. When I need to check how things are aligning with the grid, I always have to turn off that layer, which slows down my workflow. Is there a way to specify that layer to be below the grid at all times? I know I can uncheck "Grids in Back" in Preferences, but then there are lines all over everything, which is too much.

If it's currently not possible, then this is a feature request. 😉

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

I don't think so - it's either in the front or in the back. 

You can make feature requests here https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/status/5325262

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so - it's either in the front or in the back. 

You can make feature requests here https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/status/5325262

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I made a feature request - if you are so inclined, please vote for it.

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/44025912-sh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could, for the time being, create your own grid on top of your background layer.

If you use actual lines instead of guides you can set them to non-printing and they will be visible on top of the background, disappear behind objects on higher layers, and not show in Preview mode or output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines