• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I have both InDesign 2020 and 2021 both installed at same time

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have years and years of Quark Express files. I switched to InDesign several years ago, and used Q2ID for a year to translate the files I needed that year, but did not have time to do anywhere near all of them. This month I discovered a need for a big section of the files previously done in Quark, so I bought another year of Q2ID. It does not appear to support ID 2021, so I uninstalled 2021, and reinstalled 2020. It works for that purpose, and I decided I will dedicate time this year to complete all the files I might ever need translated, and discard the Quark files.

However, any of the files I have written in InDesign since Adobe updated to 2021 have to be reconfigured to be read by 2020. Can I install both versions separately on the same PC so I can work in 2021 when not translating? Does anyone have an idea for a more efficient work around?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ArtistJoyful,

it will depend on your machine and OS version when on a Mac if it is possible to run InDesign 2020 and 2021 side by side.

No issue on a Windows 10 machine: Currently I have more than seven different versions of InDesign installed side by side on Windows 10. And all fully functional.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On my Mac (10.15.7) I have 2020, 2021 and CC 2018. No problem at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines