• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can InDesign license be used on two computers?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I purchase InDesign (not creative cloud), will the user license allow it to be installed on two devices, for example – desktop and laptop as long as it is for the same person and not used simultaneously? This way I can work from home on my laptop if need be.

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TinaMWatson wrote:

If I purchase InDesign (not creative cloud), will the user license allow it to be installed on two devices, for example – desktop and laptop as long as it is for the same person and not used simultaneously? This way I can work from home on my laptop if need be.

Yes, that is how the licensing is intended to work; active on up to two devices for one user.

But there are no options now to purchase Perpetual InDesign. It can only be licensed as a subscription. (You can buy a subscription to only InDesign, but it is still part of CC)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afaik there is no InDesign you can buy that is NOT CreativeCloud.

Or are you gonna an used licence?

Edit: You wanna get only InDesign and not the complete CreativeCloud? Got a wrong impression.

Beside that as far as I remember it is allowed to install the software on two computers that you own.

As long as only you are using these.

Stephan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no non-CC versions of InDesign (or just about any other Adobe software). If you're seeing it advertised, it's pirated software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I probably phrased my question wrong. I meant that I didn't want to purchase the Creative Cloud All Apps, just the InDesign. Again, I'm new to it. I previously had InDesign 11 (from disks) that was working perfectly fine on my old computer until it crashed and I wasn't able to install it on the new computer. So, now I'm being forced to look into CC InDesign, which is all new to me. I didn't want to purchase it if I couldn't use it on a desktop and a laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can, because you sign in to your Creative Cloud account to use it. (There is no non-Creative Cloud InDesign anymore.) So you can install it on many computers, but you must be signed in to use it on any one place. Creative Cloud sign in allows you to leave it active on 2 computers at a time, such as work computer and home computer.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I probably phrased my question wrong. I meant that I didn't want to purchase the Creative Cloud All Apps, just the InDesign. Again, I'm new to it. I previously had InDesign 11 (from disks) that was working perfectly fine on my old computer until it crashed and I wasn't able to install it on the new computer. So, now I'm being forced to look into CC InDesign, which is all new to me. I didn't want to purchase it if I couldn't use it on a desktop and a laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should be good to go with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be weary of buying "licensed" software. If you meant you will be subscribing to the stand-alone InDesign app instead of the full Creative Cloud, that is fine.

Adobe has not sold official licenses software for years and there are many scams out there promoting "licensed" Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines