• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not unitalicize bullets!

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I italicize a line of text my bullet point also italicizes, but I do not want it to. I have found that the bullet point is following the formatting of the first letter of the line ie. if I italicize the first letter, the bullet point italicizes. I do not know how they are linked, but is there any way to just italicize the line of text and NOT the bullet point?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021
Set the bullets up with a character style.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

I agree with Bob - as does everyone else here. 

There's detailed descrpition how to do this here - search the page for Character Style

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/bullets-numbering.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the bullets up with a character style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Bob - as does everyone else here. 

There's detailed descrpition how to do this here - search the page for Character Style

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/bullets-numbering.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose “auto-num”! So apply a “no-italic” char style to the auto-num bullet!

(^/)  The Jedi

[Hi Bob!]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say that you are "Italicizing" your type do you by any chance mean that you are applying an angle to the text using the Skew field in the Character Panel? That will give you what is known as "False Italic". If you want "Real Italic" you must use either the Italic or Oblique version of the actual font that you are using. Either way, if you are applying your italic through a paragraph style then every character in the paragraph will be affected. As has already been pointed out you can apply a paragraph style to the entire paragraph that is not italicized and then select only the copy you need and apply an italic character style to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines