• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Publish Online supports Looking Glass image blocks in InDesign?

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently wanted to create a more immersive viewing experience of my 3D designs by using the holographic image blocks by "Looking Glass" (if you haven't seen this excellent technology you should: https://blocks.glass/) as an embed in interactive PDF's and/or Online publishing.

While testing this out I've run into a problem. Using the Insert HTML option everything works great while in Indesign (see screenshot), but after publishing (Publish Online) the image blocks turn grey while giving the error message: "The content is blocked. Contact the site owner to fix the issue." (Link to "Publish Online" document). I also tried exporting it as an

interactive PDF, but the images appeared as solid black frames.

After looking into the issue with help from a dev at Looking Glass the problem seems to be that Adobe only supports a handful of URLs for embeds on published sites (see screenshot). I hope this issue could be fixed, allowing image block

embeds in both online publishings, and interactive PDFs if possible, as these would really enhance the visual experience of 3D elements.

Looking Glass_preview before online publishing.pngLooking Glass_After publishing.pngError Looking glass.png

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

So the right people (the product managers) see your request post in the InDesign User Voice forums > Feature Request > Publish Online. Others can vote for the request.

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the right people (the product managers) see your request post in the InDesign User Voice forums > Feature Request > Publish Online. Others can vote for the request.

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the suggestion. I will post a feature request. Unfortunately, even though it's probably an easy fix, it might be difficult to gather support as most people are probably not aware of Image Blocks yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines