Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't able to link indesign server 2023 with ext

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone

i am using indesign server 2023 version 18 software to link with extendscript script toolkit but it can 't link with it, also same problem occured with visual studio code , i also attach some image file below 

can anyone tell me that how can i link extendscript with indesign server 2023.exe not with indesign server.com ??

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ARUN28728747w2xc,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry for the delay in response. I have sent you a private message. Please check your Inbox.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @HARSHIKA_VERMA  Thanks For reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quotecan anyone tell me that how can i link extendscript with indesign server 2023.exe not with indesign server.com ??

By @ARUN28728747w2xc

Is there any difference? I have never noticied this so am curious why you metioned this explicitly. What I generally do is launch IDS from the command prompt using the following command

indesignserver -port 123456

This will launch IDS to service SOAP requests at port 123456. Then you will see a new listing in the ESTK dropdown for this instance to which you can connect. If you still face issues then you could run a script by using the sampleclient tool that would have a $.writeln statement which would trigger a connection with ESTK. Hope this helps

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @Manan Joshi Thanks For reply!

Actually When i run indesign server by using same step you mentioned ,Extendscript shows me serveral Instance in dropdown ,one of them is Adobe Indesing Server 2023 also there is one more instance which is Indesing server (configuration 12345). Now when i select Indesign server (configuration 12345) then it work properly but when i select Adobe Indesign Server 2023 then it can't able to connect please check the image 

Thanks in advance !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question still remains why do you want to connect to that particular option? In the past I have seen that trying to launch/connect to an application using ESTK directly does result in it hanging and not connecting either. However, if you maunally launch the application and then try to connect to it, more often then not the connection is made. So unless you have any specific reason to connect to "Adobe Indesign Server 2023" instead of your self launched instance, there is no point spending time in trying to make sense of a failing use case for tool that is already out of support.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi manan, just for Curiosity or know more about the functionality of Indesing Server 2023 i want to know that whether it can possible to run the indsign server.exe file because i am trying still it not work the reason is that i want to see the Object model of indesing server which is possible to when indesign server.exe file is running.

When i running indesing server through indesing server.com in which i mentioned -port 12345 then i can't able to view the object model of indesing server through ESTK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure why ESTK is not showing the Object model even after connection is made. You can have a look at the object model using the link below, it's a bit outdated but you should be fine mostly. I would not spend too much time trying to fix ESTK but would use the link I gave and if you find something missing you can check it using the debugger.

https://www.indesignjs.de/extendscriptAPI/indesign-server-latest/#Application.html

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks it's very helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines