• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't access InDesign project

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long story short, I worked on an InDesign project on my work computer and published it online. I no longer have access to that work computer and can't seem to access the project on my home laptop. I can view the file through the "Publish Online Dashboard", but I can only view and not edit the project. Is there any way to access an editable version of my project?

TOPICS
How to , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Amanda22832212mcy4 ,

for doing this you need two things:

[1] The original InDesign document where Publish Online was used with.

[2] You need an InDesign that is coupled with the exact same Adobe ID where the project once was done with Publish Online.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. 
I am using the same Adobe ID where the project was oringinally created, however I can't access the InDesign document - that's what I need to access to edit it. It doesn't seem to have saved in the Cloud for me to access it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Amanda22832212mcy4 

Thank you for confirming. Yes, you will need to have access to the original file in order to edit the file. With the same Adobe ID, you can view the project from the dashboard however editing is only possible when you have access to the original file.

Feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines