• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't change Font inside Field/Box

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a hard time trying to typing in the font field. I can't remove the last font used by deleting or backspacing, and if I try to type over it, nothing close to what I'm looking for appears. In order to change the font, I have to go through the list to find the font I want to use. I am not having these issues in Photoshop or Illustrator.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Did you try to reset InDesign to the factory settings?

Reset InDesign's preferences
To do this, start InDesign and immediately hold down the modifier keys. You will see a confirmation dialog box if your timing was correct. If InDesign just starts up as normal, quit and try again—but faster!

Windows: Control-Alt-Shift
Macintosh: Command-Control-Alt-Shift

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/troubleshooting-weird-indesign-problems-101-error-new/td-p/11006337

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system and what version of InDesign are you using? How are your fonts loaded on your computer? Are you using a font management utility such as Suitcase or FontExplorer? Is this happening on all documents or just certain ones? How long has this been happening? Is it something that began after an update to your InDesign or your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the last est version, 2022, but it was happening with the prior one as well; it started happening in the last 10 days. I download fonts to my computer and from Adobe Font, I don'd use a font management utility. This is not happening on a document; it's strictly happening in the font field, I don't know the technical term for it, but, I've attached a screenshot of the area I'm referring to. I can't remove the font by simply typing over it or deleting it and typing what I need; I have to go through my list and find the font I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which panel or dialog? There are several with font fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've attached a screenshot of the area I'm referring to. I can't remove the font by simply typing over it or deleting it and typing the font name; I have to go through my list and find the font I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to reset InDesign to the factory settings?

Reset InDesign's preferences
To do this, start InDesign and immediately hold down the modifier keys. You will see a confirmation dialog box if your timing was correct. If InDesign just starts up as normal, quit and try again—but faster!

Windows: Control-Alt-Shift
Macintosh: Command-Control-Alt-Shift

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/troubleshooting-weird-indesign-problems-101-erro...

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Resetting the preferences worked! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines