• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Click on items in Windows/Panels after 17.3 update

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason once the ID 17.3 was installed I have had strange issues with some of the panels. I have to run ID in Application Frame mode to get the panels to even somewhat work. Additionally, when I open the Effects Window/panel, then try to adjust the Blend Mode or Opacity, I can't use my mouse to select the mode or opacity. I have to highlight it with the mouse, then slect it using the Space Bar. This happens to different areas in different windows/panels, i.e Tint in the Swatches, selecting a font in the Characters panel. See attached video showing tryign to change the Blend mode of a yellow box - first 2 times it was using the mouse, the 3rd is pushing the space bar.

I have done all the other items, restart computer, etc. and I have also reset all the ID prefences, caches, etc, removed and reinstalled ID, and everything keeps on happening.

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

I tried scaling and turning the application frame on and off and nothing seemed to work. So I just tested having the side panels fully open/extended and it appears that everything works on all the windows. The minute you make them smaller or auto-colapse (which is what I like using), or with the application frame turned OFF a lot of the panels stop working correctly.

Thank you Mike. Hopefully they will get macOS fixed or ID fixed quickly (although not really holding my breath on it).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you experimented with any interface scaling?

I have been seeing the macOS problem where the mouse is not correctly lining up with menus just this year.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried scaling and turning the application frame on and off and nothing seemed to work. So I just tested having the side panels fully open/extended and it appears that everything works on all the windows. The minute you make them smaller or auto-colapse (which is what I like using), or with the application frame turned OFF a lot of the panels stop working correctly.

Thank you Mike. Hopefully they will get macOS fixed or ID fixed quickly (although not really holding my breath on it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines