Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't delete a single column from a grid

Contributor ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have windows, and I am trying to delete the single grid column(blue line) highlighted in yellow. There were two lines next to each other in the spine of the book cover,  and I successfully deleted one by using the unlock ctrl+shift, direct selection tool and hitting delete key.

For some reason, doing the same thing, I cannot delete the second blue column in the spine of the document. I am unable to select it. Please help. Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this guide is locked. Did you check in the View menu > Grids and guides?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s also possible to lock individual guides on the spread via Object>Lock.

Or if the guide is on the page’s Master you would have to Shift-Command (Control) click to select it and delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I started again with my document, margins only, then created the grid again. It seems that I have to click on each of the 3 pages after the shift+ctrl - delete. I create the grid on the master page, in case I didn't mention it before. For some reason the column lines in the spine only disappear after I click through the 3 pages individually. I don't know why this is....according to the video they should clear as soon as I select and use the key shortcuts, delete. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason the column lines in the spine only disappear after I click through the 3 pages individually

You should be able to delete the spine guide from the Parent page, which will rmove them from the pages unless they were overridden and moved on the individual pages, or were created on the pages (not the Master)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was finally able to select them individually, and tried to remove using delete key, or r-clicking and selecting "cut". They were still visible, but after performing the above, I could no longer select them. I then clicked off the middle area and dbl-clicked on each page. They only disappeared when I dbl-clicked on the 3rd page. I am wondering if I need to reinstall this program or reboot the computer or both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe try clearing your Caches first, and if that doesn’t work reset your Prefs:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/reset-indesign-preferences-and-other-troubleshoo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines