• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't do anything indesign. It's like it is frozen

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what is going on but I have 2 assignments I need to get done and InDesign isn't working. I have tried quitting and then reopening and making a new document but still does the same thing. Had my brother who uses adobe a lot but he pointed it out that it just says checking at the bottom like it was still loading. 

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Guide , Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

you should tell us the exactly version of indesign and your OS.

Did you upgraded recently your OS or indesign?

However you could try to delete InDesign preferences

Using a keyboard shortcut:
  1. (Windows) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
  2. (Mac OS) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Option+Command+Control. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

@Zeesy:

That error message normally means that you have a dialog box open—perhaps on a different display or hidden behind something. Locating and closing it should take care of it. You can also try pressing Esc—which is the shortcut for Cancel—even if you can't find it. 

As a heads up, if you didn't get the message about Deleting Preferences then they were not deleted. But restarting InDesign solved the issue, so it sounds like you are good to go. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should tell us the exactly version of indesign and your OS.

Did you upgraded recently your OS or indesign?

However you could try to delete InDesign preferences

Using a keyboard shortcut:
  1. (Windows) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
  2. (Mac OS) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Option+Command+Control. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a simmilar issue on Mac OS Mojave. Almost everything is greyed out, including quit. When I attempt to quit using the red window button, I get this error:

Cannot handle the request because a modal dialogue or alert is active.

Zeesy_0-1632955499116.png

Running Shift+Option+Command+Control on start worked for me, but I wasn't asked to delete preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Zeesy:

That error message normally means that you have a dialog box open—perhaps on a different display or hidden behind something. Locating and closing it should take care of it. You can also try pressing Esc—which is the shortcut for Cancel—even if you can't find it. 

As a heads up, if you didn't get the message about Deleting Preferences then they were not deleted. But restarting InDesign solved the issue, so it sounds like you are good to go. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Zeesy,

In addition to what Barb mentioned, you may try the suggestions given on this community post to resolve the unexpected issues within the InDesign. Hope they help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines