Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t export PDF from someones else INDesign file

New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all,

So I have this issue - I can export InDesign files as PDF if the original InDesign file was made by myself, but I can't export other people files. The program starts to load the export and then at some point displays error message saying "Failed to Export the Pdf file". Other people are working in Mac OS and I work in Windows, if that helps. I use latest Indesign version. Also it seems that it can export some of the pages and some not. And this happens whith multiple files. Does anyone know what might be an issue?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can export some of the pages separatelly, if I export just a fragment or if I delete problematic pages*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, you are already use it half-blade method. Here you need to find some placed images on this problem pages and convert to psd (raster) or .ai (vector), relink to them and try to export this problem pages again. If you have some images as embedded - unembed them and place to publication.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. The thing is that other people can export the document with no issues, so I am not sure that changing picture formats or placing actual images instead of embeding them would help. And if it helps it's not a long term solution as I work woth multiple Indesign documents and it would be pain in the as* to do this everytime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you and these people have it not similar versions of ID. What about indd to idml saving, Re-save idml as indd and try it with this new indd?

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried, that didnt't work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could also easily be some sort of font problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. When I open the document, it doesn't say the fonts are missing. And we usually use our company fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be tempted to use Find Font on your machine to replace all the fonts with themselves and see if helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I delete .jpeg images it exports, so I don't think the fonts are the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I need to repeat my first post?

Ok, here we go:

>> Here you need to find some placed images on this problem pages and convert to psd (raster) or .ai (vector), relink to them and try to export this problem pages again. 

And don't say me anything that someone of your colleagues have ID that like this jpeg's))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try that on monday:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That could indicate a problem in the image, or in the file or path name. Look for "illegal characters" in names of folders and files, and be sure you actually have access to all the locations on remote servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines