• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open a file in indesign

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I use Indesign in both PC and Mac. I have a file that several people work on och that sometimes is moved with the help of an external harddrive. The file now seems "corrupt" in the way that an box with information that resetting the file has not worked before and if I want to try again. No matter what option I choose the Indesign program shuts itself down... what can I do to get my file and Indesign to work together?

TOPICS
Bug , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not understand fully the nature of your document corruption. So can you open up the file at all or not? If you can open it then export the document to IDML and then resave it back to INDD and see if it resolves the problem. If you can't even open it then tell us the exact error that InDesign shows

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the file on a dropbox file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you are in a recovery loop where InDesing is trying to open the problem file and crashes again each time. See InDesign crashes while trying to recover a damaged document for how to delete the recovery info and stop the loop so InDesign will open again.

This will not alter you file in any way, so it may still fail to open (and restart the loop). Try moving the file to your desktop and see if it will open from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Maria261827699hkd,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestions shared by the experts, and if you still need assistance, will it be possible for you to share the file with us? You can add the file to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and share the link through DM by clicking on my name.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines