• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open a IDML file – mismatched tag

New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a IDML file from INDD damaged file in IDMarkz. In design can't open a file. Message in dialog box says: Mismatched tag. Any ideas?

Please help!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

If it works with an older version of the file, I'd start with the things I changed since that old version was saved. You may well have a bad placed graphic that creeped into the system since then. Just throwing that out there ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing the file suffix of the file in question from .idml to .indd and then try to open it. It's worth a shot.

Good luck,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks – unfortunaly no result 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, it might be that your IDMarkz couldn't recover the bad .indd in the first place.

Can the original file be opened at all within InDesign?

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It opens for a second. I can see last spread I was working on and than ID crushes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a colleague who may be able to open/save the file on their system? Do you have any other versions/backups of the file? If you do, and open them, do they cause the same result?

This could be caused by the application. There have been other posts here with suggestions that might help if that's the case. Or, it could be that the file itself is corrupted. Which would make things infinitely more complex. But if you have old versions of the file and they open, it could give you insight into what changed to cause your problems. Other than that, I can't I can't come up with anything else.

Good luck,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Randy. I tried everything. I send this file to a friend working on Windows. Same. File crushes ID. Older file version works ok, but I can't find the reson, what is differnt and what exactely happend. It must be corrupted file and it looks like I have to do everything from the begining. Bad for me. Stay well and thank you for your interest in my case 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it works with an older version of the file, I'd start with the things I changed since that old version was saved. You may well have a bad placed graphic that creeped into the system since then. Just throwing that out there ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines