• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open indesign files

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I want to open a older Indesign file (to copy stuff from), I get a pop up that says that I can't open the file because it's allready opened on another server..... I am the only one using it....

Can someone help me out? Many thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

It probably was not closed properly the last time it was opened and the .idlk file was not deleted. Look for that inthe same folder as the .indd file you want to open and delete it manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Adding to what @Peter Spier suggested do note that these files will not be visible normally and you would have to make the invisible files visible only then you will be able to find and delete them

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It probably was not closed properly the last time it was opened and the .idlk file was not deleted. Look for that inthe same folder as the .indd file you want to open and delete it manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adding to what @Peter Spier suggested do note that these files will not be visible normally and you would have to make the invisible files visible only then you will be able to find and delete them

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines