• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't package any files. It gets stuck "creating PDF and IDML"

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried a few different files, both large and small and everytime I try to package them it gets stuck in "Creating PDF and IDML". It was working fine and suddenly it kept getting stuck with all my files, even after I restarted the program and my computer. What can I do to get it working again?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simplify. Try packaging without exporting IDML or PDF and see if that works. Try exporting as PDF and as IDM and see if those work. My guess is one of those won’t work (more precise guess: the packaging). If you can figure out which step is breaking it makes it easier to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same problem - InDesign (18.3) would suddenly not package files - it got stuck on creating a pdf and IDML file. It works when I deselect pdf and IDML. But what could cause this issue? My OS is Ventura 13.4. I have a lot of problems with InDesign since I bought a new iMac in 12/22.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Corruption - either of the INDD file itself or InDesign's preferences:

Reset InDesign Preferences and Other Troubleshooting

â–’â–º ID-Tasker / ID-Tasker Server - work smart not hard â—„â–’

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I will try to reset preferences and the other options!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestions shared by Scott, and also share the version of InDesign and OS along with a sample file so that we can test this on our end as well. We'll try our best to assist you with this.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines