• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't place .jp2 files in InDesign CC

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than opening a .jp2 file in Photoshop and converting it to .jpg or another supported format, is there any workaround or plugin that will let me do this? Any plans to support the .jp2 format? Working with a client whose photo files are ALL .jp2 and I really don't want to have to go through converting every file.

Thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why not do a patch processing of the entire folder from photoshop, it will be seconds...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a really weird workflow. I'm grabbing the photos from individual pages on their website, so I don't have a big folder full of photos (I wish!). Still, I guess that might be one way to go. I'll give it a shot. Would be so much easier if (a) they didn't use .jp2, and/or (b) InDesign would support .jp2!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps talk to them about their workflow and find out WHY they’re using jp2 files.

I’ve never seen one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

.jp2 is a better quality .jpeg and more detail is captured in the file. Adobe Illustrator supports it when palcing images, but InDesign does not... should be the opposite - Lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do a batch conversion in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can add this as a feature request here:Adobe InDesign Feedback

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines