• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't print a specific page in a large document with sections

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no problem with this earlier - now, when I try to print page 11, Indesign tells me there are multiple pages using the specified page number. But that's not true! See screen shot below. I can't print any proofs, or make pdfs of specified pages. What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the pages panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the pages panel has the first section numbered as i, ii, iii - up to vi. Then a new section bvegins with the pages numbered 1,2,3 and so on. When I went to print pages 253, it turned out OK. And in checking, it only gives me that message for pages number 10-16!! How strange. 

I'm not about to copy all the pages into a new document, as Anshul_Saini advises me, because this whole 522 page book (for IngramSpark) is so intimidating, I am really afraid something will go wrong. I'm doing the edits to a print proof, and so just want to get them done and send the book off again. And I never want to do another book layout again, I'm a cartographer and illustrator, and I need to focus on what I do best! Thanks for the comments though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried setting your Page Numbering in General Preferences to Absolute Numbering? In that case your Pages panel will list absolute page numbers, which you can use in the Print dialog. Also with Section Numbering you can use absolute numbering in the Print dialog by inserting a + before the number:

Section Numbering:

Screen Shot 45.png

Absolute Numbering:

Screen Shot 46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. I would suggest you try moving the pages from one document to a new document (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/pages-spreads-1.html#:~:text=the%20spread%20together.-,Mov...). I hope it helps.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(this is a repeat of my first reply)

I'm not about to copy all the pages into a new document, as Anshul_Saini advises me, because this whole 522 page book (for IngramSpark) is so intimidating, I am really afraid something will go wrong. I'm doing the edits to a print proof, and so just want to get them done and send the book off again. And I never want to do another book layout again, I'm a cartographer and illustrator, and I need to focus on what I do best! Thanks for the comments though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you are trying to print from a document since the Book printing only has selected documents or the entire book.

Can you send a screen capture of the problem document's Page panel?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines