Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Can't Save As or Save A Copy

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is with any InDesign file as well as Illustrator files. No recent updates prior to this preoblem so I'm not sure why this is happening. I've deleted the preferences (twice already), run a Malware program, installed a new Adobe update, and restarted many times - no luck.

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do logon with your Adobe ID in the Creative Cloud app?

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it's happening with more than one App something more sinister may be at play.

Do you run anti-virus software? If so look up any issues this may cause. It could be a recent update.

Have you installed any other software/hardware recently?

What OS? What version of InDesign and Illustrator?

----

You can always try the creative cloud cleaner tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble you are facing. I would like to know if the steps suggested above by @Eugene Tyson worked for you? If not, I would request you to share a few more details along with the ones asked by @Geоrge:

• OS and version of Illustrator & InDesign
  • Is the issue related to a specific document or all?
  • Is this happening with new documents or all?
  • Where are you saving the files (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • When did this start happening?
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Does resetting InDesign Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html) help to resolve the issue?
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and InDesign will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Also, I would suggest you try running the app in the Root/ Hidden Admin account (MacWindows) and let us know if you are able to save documents.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines