Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Can't Save/Export from InDesign 2022 on MacOS Monterey

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro 
MacOS Monterey v 12.0 
Adobe InDesign 2022 17.0

I opened a document (created in a previous version of Indesign) made some minor changes and cannot seem to save it as a PDF. I get the error 'This document contains links to files/URL(s) that are not accessible. Please check your network connectivity or the original source of content."

When I investigated this particular error,  most of the advice seems to say that you need to enable Folder permissions in System Preferences for InDesign.  However, the only checkbox I see listed under InDesign in the Files and Folders is 'Network Volumes'. 

I can create a new document with text/images and save it as a PDF okay.

I tried copying the page contents from the original file into a new doc, but that didn't work. 

I can export as a jpg without getting an error, but the jpg is blank.

All status of all the links in my original file is OK. 

I have tried exporting to both local folder and cloud.
TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, 

Im having the same issue as well when i updated InDesign to 2022 version. Mine doesnt have the error but when i press the shorcut keys for exporting or save as, i does not do anything at all. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry about this trouble. This issue has been reported with multiple apps on macOS Monterey. We're currently investigating this issue.

As a workaround, you may try one of these options:

• Change primary monitor from System Preferences (Display) and then restore the settings to the original. Steps are shared here.
  • If that doesn't help, we would suggest disconnecting the external monitor(s) or iPad (Side Car).

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having also issues in trying to Save As...

A blank prompt pops up.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @amalia blancap31718096,

Sorry about the trouble. I would like to know if you have tried the workarounds shared above by me?

Regards,

Anshul Siani

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrading to InDesign v16.4 doesnt fix the problem either. Seems like its a Monterey problem wtih InDesign version in general. I tried the trick of disconncting an external monitor and when I go to Export it brings up a blank window that won't let me actually Export. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot Save

I cannot Save As

I cannot Export

… so many functions are not working in InDesign 2022!!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mc-nish@online.no @Uhmmmaybe

Sorry about this trouble. I would request you to please try the following workarounds and let us know if you are able to save As or export or not:

1. Change primary monitor from System Preferences (Display) and then restore the settings to the original. Steps are shared here.
  2. If that doesn't help, we would suggest disconnecting the external monitor(s) or iPad (Side Car).

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines